Sunday, December 5, 2010

Holy... god, this is complicated.

But worth a look I think.

Found this online while looking for a different chart entirely, but I'm glad I did.  A mostly complete overview of the arguments for and against gay marriage, color-coded by side, and with arrows to track the direction of the debate.  It is very very crowded (obviously) and biased towards the pro-equality side, but very interesting, and I think useful.  (And anyway, I'm not really complaining about it being biased towards my side, now am I?)  If nothing else, it's worth a look and a think just to realize how ridiculous and complicated out of proportion the whole argument becomes.  When it's just a matter of equal rights.

2 comments:

  1. I have to admit I actually spent a whole 7 minutes looking through this diagram and enjoy it very much. It's interesting to see opinions of both pro and against gay marriages side by side. I particularly love the series of blocks on the right down corner where there is a list of countries that are supportive of same-sex equality. It's interesting to see how pro same-sex marriage argues using religion (Why hasn't God destroyed Canada / Spain / Norway yet?) when religion has always been one of the main arguments for against.

    Of course, the graph is biased and does not cover all arguments for both sides but it does highlight the main concepts for this debate. Plus it's funny so that doesn't hurt. Thanks for uploading this chart Hanna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very very crowded (obviously) and biased towards the pro-equality side, but very interesting, and I think useful. home tutor

    ReplyDelete