Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Dream Act: Dissected

Unless you are directly interested in politics it can be confusing keeping up with all bills going through congress. I know this for a fact because I’m always at a loss when I’m watching the news or reading the newspaper and see something dealing with the Dream Act. The Dream Act is the single most important piece of legislation to me. The Dream Act is an act that gives illegal students who meet certain requirements an opportunity to enlist in the military or go to college and in this process be set on a path to citizenship. I strongly support this act simply because I feel that if it isn’t passed a great deal more talent that our country can benefit from than has yet to be wasted, will be wasted.

However, as passionate as I am about this act I sometimes find it difficult to keep up with its journey through congress. And if I’m this disoriented about the Dream Act I can only imagine how confusing it could be to other individuals. Because of this I decided to do some research and found a very helpful site that broke down exactly what the Dream Act is. This site discusses what the purpose of this act is, what it takes to qualify for it, and what would happen if the act were passed. If you want to learn more about the Dream Act you should definitely check out this site.

No comments:

Post a Comment