Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Through My Eyes (Documentary)

 

I am not a christian. I am not gay. But what I am, is glad that this Documentary exists. This seems as though it could be a small beacon of hope to someone who IS christian and IS having homosexual feelings. 

My high school teacher once told me "It's hard to believe in something that doesn't believe in you." I cannot imagine what it must be like to feel as though you are are being rejected by the thing you believe in the most. Thinking about this makes me wonder how many people have injured or killed themselves because they believed that they were having "unholy" thoughts? How many people have felt alienated by the thing that claims to love all? 

The website claims to discuss "one of the most controversial topics today with compassion and sensitivity, shining new light on the debate for people on both sides." It certainly seems that way from the trailer, although we all know what the magic of editing can do. I suppose that the only way to be certain is to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment