Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Oh. My. God.

I was going to tweet this, but there's no way I could express my absolute increduality via 150 characters. This article is absolutely... wow.
We've finally come to it: change.org covers a conference at the University of the South Pacific, where Samoan clerics reveal the truth to all of us-- that homosexuals are behind global warming. What else could be the cause of all the climate change hoax than our homosexual population and our "environmentally-concerened, gay-loving hippie friends"? That's right. Gay people are behind climate change.

For those of you looking to both laugh uproariously and gasp with shock, this is the article for you.


Photo Credit to: Cessna 206

2 comments:

  1. This is so ridiculous! People can be so silly. This reminds me of Dateline Hollywood's satirical article about how evangelist Pat Robertson said that Ellen DeGeneres was to blame for Hurricane Katrina because a lesbian hosted the Emmy's. But the thing about that claim, is that it was satirical unlike this actual Samoan conference. Silly silly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In all honesty, this article is highly depressing. The fact that ANYONE would even believe this ridiculous claim (or even make the claim in the first place)is a horribly accurate depiction of some of the narrow-minded people that we (unfortunately) still have in society. Reading things like this is what makes me realize that we still have an incredibly long way as a whole society to go before everyone knows that erroneous claims like what those from the University of the South Pacific simply perpetuate ignorance. The one thing in this article that I thought was interesting (apart from the fantastically sarcastic writing) was the fact that according to the article, I too am responsible for global warming. It is not just gay people, but rather anyone who supports LGBT rights. Once I got past the disturbing aspect of the article, I couldn't help but laugh at the ridiculousness of it all. To the people who legitimately believe this garbage, I truly feel sorry for you.

    ReplyDelete