Sunday, October 17, 2010

Alejandro Parody (You're a Homo) By Sherry Vine & Francis Legge


A few days ago, I was discussing some thoughts about the course with my roommates and she thought that I would be interested in watching this video. As I was watching it I thought how ridiculous and absurd it was. I was disturbed by the video. I didn't quite like the comments of "you are a homo", but when I finished watching it, I understood that this video is trying to prove a point; being a homosexual is nothing to be ashamed of! The images and certain symbols she uses are very controversial. Her comments about preists and God seeing homosexuals as sinners are very disputations. Watch this video and comment your thoughts and feelings! Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. At first, when I started watching this video, I thought it seemed kind of derogatory and I was confused. But as it continued, I thought it had really neat messages about pride in who you are. I loved the point that there's "no shame" in being who you are, and no need to hide your true self. I thought it was a really strong message, all in all, and I really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete