Monday, September 20, 2010

GOOGLE Images.




When I saw this picture of google searches, I was astonished by the search suggestions that google gives in this picture. When I clicked on the picture to view it, the site from which it is taken from came up with the title, "Is Google Making Us Dumber"? I thoroughly thought about this title and considered that google might be making us dumber. Google is part of media, which is part of society and society is the social structure of our communities. It is an ongoing chain that evolves around us.






I was searching through google images and I found this picture. I though it was interesting how the illustrator portrayed a hermaphrodite. This illustration makes hermaphrodites seem awkward and excluded, the same way society views them.

1 comment:

  1. There is another image involving hermaphrodites or androgynous similar to the one you found. What is more disturbing is the similarity between the two even though this image is over five centuries old.

    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c4/Nuremberg_chronicles_-_Strange_People_-_Androgyn_%28XIIr%29.jpg.

    ReplyDelete