Monday, November 29, 2010

I Love You Phillip Morris



***Warning: contains "graphic" content***

This Jim Carrey movie looks awesome, but I could not help but notice the differences between these two movie trailers. The first one is mainly focusing on the "con-man" aspect of the movie, with the gay relationship as an almost insignificant detail. The second one however, is wholly focused on the fact that the protagonist is gay. Could it have something to do with the french subtitles? Or am I simply reading in to this too much? Whatever the case, this movie caught my attention and I hope it gathers more attention.  

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I thought the first one did an okay job of portraying the gay relationship, but then after watching the second one, it comes pretty clear that the first one kind of brushed aside the homosexuality. It looks like the two trailers are targeting different audiences - perhaps the first one is for heterosexual audiences who may not be completely comfortable with homosexuality and the second is for those are who are. Haha, maybe that's a bit too simplistic.

    I also respect actors more when they agree to play a gay character on TV. I've always liked Jim Carrey especially, so I think it's really cool that he's playing that part.

    ReplyDelete