Saturday, November 20, 2010

Interesting video with comments on it that make me want to punch a bear

(that saying doesn't make sense, no.  I picked it up from my sister.)

Anyway, I was browsing Youtube a minute ago and found this video about the interesting prospect that two caucasian parents could have a dark-skinned child.  According to the woman interviewed (and this makes sense to me) it's completely possible for this to happen, since there are a lot of genetic traits, race potentially among them, that can lie dormant for a very long time and then show up because of weird genetic stuff that happens.  If it can happen with freckles, or with eye or hair color (I can vouch for eye color - my uncle and I have hazel eyes but neither of his and my mom's parents had hazel eyes, nor did his parents' parents) why not race?  It's an interesting idea with interesting consequences.

However, a lot of the comments were extremely derogatory, usually along the lines of "she just slept with a black guy admit it" (note that the clip is about a FICTIONAL BOOK people).  That would be annoying, but wouldn't be enough to piss me off this much.  What made me want to punch a bear was the following comment, which incidentally has been voted up three times.  (this is why you don't read comments on Youtube if you know what's good for you.  Warning for hate speech/language.)


What does N.A.A.C.P stand for?

N*ggers Are Always Causing Problems.
Why do n*ggers keep chickens in their back yards?
To teach their kids how to walk.
Why do police dogs lick their ass?
To get the taste of n*gger out of their mouth.
Why does Alabama have n*ggers and California have earthquakes?
California got first pick.
Did you hear that the KKK bought the movie rights to "Roots"?
They're going to play it backwards so it has a happy ending.


Really world?  Really?

Edited by Prof. Buckmire

1 comment:

  1. Hannah–
    It's very sad and hard to believe how there's still many people out there that are racist. However, comments like these on Youtube prove it. Aside from not understanding how someone can hate an individual because of the color of their skin, I also never understood why people filled pages with negative comments about things that didn't agree with. My personal opinion is if what you have to say isn't positive then don't say anything at all. Why fill the world with hatred? I much rather live in a world that accepts everyone regardless of race, gender, religion, or any other difference.

    ReplyDelete